ELEGANT RESULTS FROM A BOARD-CERTIFIED COSMETIC SURGEON
A good nose allows the overall beauty of the face to shine through, and a Rhinoplasty also known as nose job procedure can help with improving the appearance of the nose and overall nasal breathing.
Whether you’ve always wanted to make a change or considering a nose job in Austin, our team at Louis William Apostolakis, M.D. is led by our board-certified surgeon who holds years of experience providing Rhinoplasty in Austin, TX, and helping to improve the appearance of faces and overall quality of life.
To book a rhinoplasty in Austin today, call us at 512-329-8989 or contact us online.
WHAT IS RHINOPLASTY?
A Rhinoplasty (nose job) procedure generally includes the following:
- Incision: incisions inside your nose may be connected across the columella. This is referred to as an “open” approach. Technically, this language is incorrect, because any incision by definition makes the operation “open,” even if it is inside your nose. We perform both “open” and “closed” rhinoplasty procedures depending on the needs of the patient.
- Anesthesia: Typically IV sedation, though some patients may choose to have the surgery under local anesthesia. Under IV sedation, you will sleep through the surgery but will continue to breathe independently, without the need of a tube.
- Cost: $10,000 – $12,000
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM RHINOPLASTY?
When a patient visits Louis William Apostolakis, M.D. in consideration of a rhinoplasty, we first have a consultation. This takes about 45 minutes and includes a full discussion of what the patient hopes to achieve and how likely it is that I can achieve those goals. Photos are then taken and to simulate the desired changes on a computer, as part of our discussion.
- Recovery: Rhinoplasty recovery is far less onerous than most people think. Believe it or not, it is hardly painful. Most people will only take pain pills the first night and your nose will be taped and splinted for one week. Bruises usually will occur under the eyes and last 7 to 14 days. Generally, a touch of makeup in the first week is all that is needed to pass casual inspection. We do not pack the nose, you will be able to breathe through your nose after the surgery, and will not have to endure the pain and suffering of packing and its removal.
- Risks: Primary risks of rhinoplasty include excessive bleeding, infection, failure to meet goals of surgery, scarring, and reduction in breathing through the nose.
THE BENEFITS OF RHINOPLASTY
Nose jobs are becoming more popular in the modern age in both men and women of a wide range of ages. Many of our patients choose to get a rhinoplasty because of the following benefits:
- Increasing or decreasing nostril size
- Restoring free breathing
- Improving the balance of your overall facial features
- Correcting misalignment due to injury or trauma
If you need cosmetic surgical services, call us at 512-329-8989 or contact us online to book a consultation.