Austin Facelift & Necklift
EXPERT FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON
At Louis William Apostolakis, M.D., we offer both facelift and neck lifts to improve the overall appearance of the face and neck by creating incisions located around the ears and behind the ear to reduce signs of aging in the face. Our office provides consultations both in-person and over the phone so you can weigh out all of your options before a decision is made.
HOW DOES PROCEDURE WORK?
- The week following the procedure, patients should remain sedentary
- After one week, a very gradual return to activity ensues
- Patients may gradually return to full activity in around one month
- Full recovery typically takes +/- 6 months, depending on the patient
- Patients are prescribed pain medications as well as sedatives to minimize discomfort
- Sutures are removed one week after surgery
After surgery, a dressing is placed around the patient’s head. It does not cover the patient’s eyes, nose, or mouth, allowing them to see, talk, and eat. The head dressing is removed the day after the procedure, and a member of our team will shampoo the patient’s hair and give instructions for tending to the incisions. A drain is used in recovery for one night after the surgery.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SURGERY
Activity after the surgery is limited, some patients may move but should abstain from any sort of strenuous activity. Eventually, patients can slowly begin to participate in activities that involve the pulling of the neck and shoulder area (tennis, golf, weight lifting). Driving should be limited, as it requires excessive neck movement.
Risks that could potentially occur with this surgery include:
- Excessive bleeding
- Anesthesia complications
- Nerve injury
- Insufficient blood flow to the skin, called skin flap ischemia or skin flap necrosis.
COST OF A FACELIFT OR NECKLIFT IN AUSTIN
The cost of procedure will depend on a variety of factors, but generally, for a full facelift, the price range is $15,000 – $16,000. For a lower facelift, the price range is $12,000 – $13,000. Recovery will typically take 2-3 weeks before regaining normal appearance, depending on any other procedures done in conjunction with this procedure. Final healing takes around 6 months.
Contact our offices online today to learn more about our Austin facelift and necklift procedures.